Total Blog Views:

Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th Fun!

Today was a great relaxing day! July 4th! Fireworks, food, and just chilling with the family. Today I did a makeup look and was so excited! I incorporated red, white and blue without looking to bright but not to neutral. A great look for the 4th of July! Or any day you feel like being a little patriotic! This is just a preview of the look and the products I used. If you want to know how I did this look let me know on my YouTube. Hope you all like it, if you like these posts and want more let me know! Red, White and Blue coming your way!(:
 Here's a Preview of the Total Look with Eyes, Lips and Face completed!
Start with a Eyeshadow Base, I'm using my favorite which is NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone.
Next I used a Maybellines Single Eyeshadow in Silken Taupe! A perfect all over eye color.

In NYX Aquamarine Trio I used the last color, the Darkest Blue.
This was the main of the show, Maybelline's Quad in Sapphire Ice. All of the colors in this palette was used for the look! All the Eyeshadows are shimmery. This is the a nice quad.
Unfortunately you can't see all of the name because of how much I use it! It is the Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner in Onyx.  My ultimate favorite for my waterline or lower lash line.
I decided to be a little different and line my upper lash line with my ELF liquid liner in black. 
I use this everyday in my makeup routine and this is a good mascara. Maybelline The Falsies!
Sometimes my lashes wont look as defined and wont curl easy with mascara so I curled my lashes before I applied my mascara. This is the ELF eyelash curler.
 The Brushes I used to apply my eyeshadow( left to right): Forever 21 Blending Fluffy Brush, ELF blending eye brush, ELF angled eye defining brush and ELF eyeshadow brush.
To enhance and brighten up under my eyebrows and make them look matte I used my Anastasia Matte Eyebrow Definer.

For My face, I Based my cheeks with NYX Cream Blush in Glow. Absolutely Neutral!

I've been obsessed with My Jordana Blush in Touch of Pink! It goes really nice and calms down the red tone in the Cream Blush from NYX. Its a really good matte pink, theres really no shimmer at all.


To give my face a little color but not too much, I used New York Colors Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder int he shade 720A Sunny! This a really good matte bronzing powder. I would think this would go great on any skin tone and it would be great for summer!
I used this Shimmering Facial Whip from ELF. The shade is in Citrus. I love this! Especially to make your cheekbones have a dewy finish! It's more of a pinky shade then white or neutral!

To get a really pigment lip color I used NYX lip liner in Sand Pink. I would have to say this isn't really a neutral or off-pink color. It is a pretty fuschia pink color. Again, great for summer!

  Lastly for this look, I completed the lip color to look glossy by putting Stila's Lip Glaze in Merry Merry. This looks great on its on, but on top of a pink it calms the pink down and makes it have a tint of red! This incorporates the red from Fourth of July!
Final look again, but with eyes closed! Hope you enjoyed!(:


I hope you had a great 4th of July! If you did this look, please email me or tweet me your pictures!Or just a picture of on 4th of July!(:  I would love to see them! Maybe even put them in a video! If  you want to know I did my fourth of July nails again, let me know! Follow me on Twitter, Check out and subscribe to my YouTube and follow my blog! Thank again!(:  Here are some fun pictures I took:




                                                       Happy Fourth Of July! -Kristina<33333







No comments:

Post a Comment